The Manik 80W pod mod was sent from Wotofo for the purpose of review.
The Manik 80W Pod Mod, Wotofo’s first pod mod, is powered by a single 18650 battery and comes with a large 4.5ml juice capacity pod. The 0.96-inch TFT screen display brings a clear operation interface to users. It adopts NexMesh coils and Net M Coil of both DTL and restricted DTL options, satisfying various tastes and clouds preferences. Let’s check out how it vapes in this review.
- Dimensions: 126 x 33 x 27mm (with pod installed)
- Net Weight: 115g
- Coils & Resistance: D15 Clapton Mesh Coil 0.2Ω
- D14 A1 Conical Mesh Coil 0.2Ω
- Pod Capacity: 4.5ml (Standard Edition) / 2ml (TPD Edition)
- Main Material: Zinc Alloy
- Display: 0.96’’ TFT Screen
- Battery Type: Single 18650 Battery (not included)
- Output Power: 5-80W
- Output Voltage: 0.5-4.2V
- Charging Port: Micro USB
- Charging Current: DC 5V/1.5A
- Manik Pod Mod x1
- User Manual x1
- Charging Cable x1
- Empty Pod Cartridge x1
- D15 Clapton Mesh Coil x1 (pre-installed)
- D14 A1 Conical Mesh Coil x1
Design & Quality
Before the release of Wotofo Manik, there are many similar pod mods in the market already, like RPM80 Pro by SMOK and Target PM80 SE by Vaporesso, all of them are powered by a single 18650 battery with 80W max wattage output, and they are almost the same in appearance except the different colors.
Compared to RPM80 Pro and Target PM80 SE, I do believe there are some good points in the design of Manik, especially the leather case. And they gave up a magnetic connection between the pod and battery, a plug replaced.
The plug works fine, but personally, I would like the magnets! The charging port is micro USB, also works fine, but it’s 2020, why not make it USB C?
Everything arrived safe and sound, no hassle. The whole kit feels pretty good in the hands, and the total weight is good even with a battery installed and pod fully filled.
The Manik Device
The Manik was powered by a single 18650 battery with 80W max output wattage, for a device like this one which uses sub-ohm mesh coils, a replaceable 18650 battery will be the best solution to keep it vaping the whole day long. The buttons are clicky and easy to use, the screen is big enough to show everything you need to know, but it is not bright enough, you may get trouble to read under sunshine.
Pass through is working on the Manik, that’s good. And Wotofo made the pod connection part waterproof to keep the chipset secure if it leaks.
The operations are very simple, here are some basic navigations:
- Turn on/off – click the fire button 5 times
- Lock the device – click the fire button 3 times
- Puff clear – press the fire button and “-” together
- Change the theme color – press the fire button and “+” together
- Lock the wattge – press the “+” and “-” together
The Pod & Coils
The Manik pod holds up to 4.5ml e-liquid, which sounds not bad, but you may still need to refill the pod a few times a day out of the e-liquid monster mesh coils. The pod is a bit dark to view the e-liquid level.
The filling port is at the top of the pod, which is big enough for all kinds of bottles, easy to fill, and no leaking. Unfortunately, the drip tip is not replaceable. And there are 2 big airflow inlet holes at the top of the mod without any adjustable systems.
For the coils, Wotofo offers four 0.2ohm coils and a RBA pod for the Manik.
- D14 A1 Conical nexMESH Coil, best for 35-40W, Conical Structure Stronger Flavor (included in the kit)
- D15 Clapton Mesh Coil, best for 45-55W, Meshed Clapton Intense Flavor (included in the kit)
- D11 Net Mesh Coil, best for 45-55W, Denser Netting Denser Flavor (purchase separately)
- D13 A1 nexMESH Coil, best for 37-43W, Smoother Mesh Finer Flavor (purchase separately)
Another good news is that the VOOPOO PnP coils & Vaporesso GTX coils are all matching the Manik, so you can get the coils almost everywhere.
I have used this Manik kit for about 3 weeks now, here are some of my thoughts & experience:
D14 coil at 40W, the flavor is good for DL, and the vapor production is huge for sure, the draw is very smooth out of the large but unadjustable airflows! This monster killed my 100ml favorite e-liquid, need to refill the pod 3 times a day. And the coil lasted pretty long, I gave it up in the 8th day as the flavor was not good.
D15 coil at 50W, again good flavor and huge vapor production. Compared to D14, the flavor is a bit better for me. This one lasted 7 days with 2-3 refills per day.
D11 coil at 50, good flavor and huge vapor. The flavor is no good than that of D14.
D13 coil at 40W, good flavor and huge vapor as usual. The flavor performance is in between D11 & D14.
I got some leaking overnight.
My rankings for the coils from best to worst: D15-D14-D13-D11
Did not try RBA pod yet, no comments here.
- Good flavor & vapor production
- Tons of coil options, including PnP & GTX coils
- Replaceable 18650 battery
- Easy operation
- Supports pass-through
- Dark pod to see the juice level
- Dark screen to read under the sunshine
- Airflow is not adjustable
- Overnight leaking
- Not USB C
- Design – 8/10
- Flavor – 9/10
- Vapor Production – 9/10
- Quality – 8.5/10
- Ease of Use – 9/10
- Value for Money – 8.5/10
Overall, the Manik is a good sub-ohm DL pod mod with great flavor experience and huge vapor productions. There are tons of coil options to choose from, including the VOOPOO PnP & Vaporesso GTX coils. I would recommend it to anyone who love DL vaping.